I am 1 day away from not having posted for 2 months. wow. I must say they have been a blur!! here's the main headlines:
1. D starting school!! He has not cried since the 3rd week of school, PTL. If he went a whole week without crying he got to camp out in the backyard overnight, so he made it a week, then it just clicked! yay!! Also last month he turned 6. wow!! All he wanted to do was go camping, so last weekend he, his sister, dad & a friend & her dad went camping & fishing at the State Park. They had a wonderful time! He won't touch worms, so A had to do that part for him. :)
2. A has started Pre-K! Initially we wanted her home for the whole year, so she could get some more focused attention, but she was getting bored & I was a bit nervous about her having a hard time adjusting to full time school next year like D did this year. It's just half day, only 3 hours actually, but she is LOVING it!! She's so tired from it though that she fell asleep in her bean bag chair after her first day.
3. Fostering is still going well...I think each new child will be a new thing for me to learn, new area for God to grow me in. Marriage-level one of realizing how selfish I am. Parenting-level 2,3 & 4 of realizing my selfishness, and Fostering----off the charts. But we are loving it! We can't post any specifics, so email or call if you want to know more on that.
4. My sewing-was going strong again, then recently due to many sleepless nights has come to a screeching halt. I'm starting to pick it up again. Last week I listed a candy cane set that was so fun to do. This week & next I'm getting ready for a Christmas Sale a friend is having. I'm making clippies, headbands, quilted coasters, and some smocked items.
5. Lastly...our new president. All I'm going to say is that my thinking & views have been stretched like never before in the last year. A good portion of that is due to my husband & his studying up on it all, & another huge portion is from some articles from Relevant Magazine. Robbie subscribes to it, but when I get the mail & it's in there, I devour it before he gets home. It is amazing & I ask you to spend about 10 minutes reading this link from their Sept/Oct issue, and maybe reading the note to the future president that the editor wrote yesterday, before the results were in. Basially, no matter who our president is, as Christians we are to "live in a manner worthy of the calling to which we have been called" (Ephesians)
6. Some recent pictures (the one of the kids together is from A's first day of Pre-K last Friday, yup, halloween! they are actually the same height, but I guess I took the pic at an odd angle so D looks really short!